The Academic Path
During orientation, students will be invited to begin work on their "Academic Path," which is a learning plan they'll continue to develop and refine throughout their four years of college. Their first step will be to address the following three prompts, which we hope will help them set goals for their first semester and first year.
1. Goals: Academic Skills
a. What do you hope to learn to do, think, or be? What do you hope to improve?
- What do you need to do to develop these skills?
2. Goals: Community Skills
- How do you hope to contribute to a community while at GMC? (examples may include clubs, community service, leadership, athletics)
- What do you need to do to cultivate skills aimed at facilitating these contributions?
3. Goals: Beyond GMC
- What are your initial interests in directing your education at GMC toward career, community life, and/or future study?
- What do you need to do during your time at GMC to make it possible to reach these goals?